Rolf Harris - Sad Day or Glad Day?

Here you can chat about anything not covered in other areas of the forum including general chat on anything that takes your fancy. Just dive in, don't be shy but remember to keep it clean!

Rolf Harris - Sad Day or Glad Day?

Postby jax » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:29 pm

Is it just me or does anybody else sad that 84 year old Rolf Harris has been jailed?

I grew up enjoying his programmes, paintings, stories and even those quirky songs and like everybody else I saw him as a trusted figure. He has undoubtedly done wrong but I do worry that because Jimmy Saville could not be brought to justice the courts and even some of the victims have used him as some sort of scapegoat.

Shoot me down in flames if you like but it's my thoughts and its a sad day with nothing to gain by hurting more people such as family members etc, yes he done wrong and he's being punished as he should, still sad though.

It will be interesting to see what happens now, if/when the victims make claims for financial gain!

Who will be next??? :?

Register and tell us your thoughts.............
jax

Re: Rolf Harris - Sad Day or Glad Day?

Postby Robo » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:54 pm

mmmmmmmmmm I think I know where your coming from, aged 50+ I don't so much feel sad he's been put in prison, more disapointed that a person I enjoyed watching, grew up with and thought of as a kind, genuine guy turns out not to be, in fact it turns out he is just the opposite. :twisted:
Robo

Re: Rolf Harris - Sad Day or Glad Day?

Postby Sally G » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:25 am

I read somewhere that the prison warden has removed all the painting material from Rolf Harris, so he could no longer paint in his cell, reason being it is apparently a fire hazard.

Good, bad, you decide :)
Sally G