Holiday in the sun!

Get or give help and advice to fellow members in all areas of disability, mobility and health such as benefits, access issues, housing and much more.

Holiday in the sun!

Postby laurennaylorwalker28 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:20 pm

Hi everyone, i'm thinking of opening up my home in Spain as a holiday respite care home. I am an English qualified, registered adult Nurse and would be on hand for as little or as much as someone needed my services. There would be an option to travel with a friend/carer but I would also be offering one to one service all week. My home is on one level with a private pool and i would have an inside hoist and pool hoist so there would be no restrictions to enjoying a holiday on the costa del sol. I would collect from the airport and either take you on trips or could be a taxi service if you were with a friend! If you have heard of the Uk based holidays called 'vitalise', imagine that only with one to one care and guaranteed sun! The holiday would be tailored to your needs! I was just wondering what your thoughts were on this and if it would be something anyone would be interested in? I look forward to any response positive or negative, kind regards, Lauren
laurennaylorwalker28

Re: Holiday in the sun!

Postby admin » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:35 am

Hi Lauren

Most disabled people, especially wheelchair users tend not to holiday abroad because of poor access etc, that's my view and what stopped me for many years, however Spain is very tempting because of the all year round great weather and I and many others have had great hols there. Spain is getting better all the time for all disabilities including mobility aids and scooter hire making it all the more fun and accessible.

You appear to be offering a very good package and have thought of most things as far as I can see.

The ABLEize directory has a dedicated section for holidays in spain and I know all of them keep busy, click holiday organisations in Spain to see others and what they offer the disabled holiday maker in sunny Spain.

This would be an ideal starting point to promote your business and get it seen by the world if you have a website that is ;)
admin
Site Admin