Assessing Audio Description using EEG, call for participants

Contains survey and research requests as well as requests to take part in TV or media productions.

Assessing Audio Description using EEG, call for participants

Postby MichelleO » Thu May 14, 2015 2:44 pm

As a researcher at Queen's University Belfast I am looking at evaluating audio description efficacy using non-invasive electroencephalography or EEG. It is probably the first of its kind to use EEG to enable us to gauge an empirical measure of how the audience engages with audio description, rather than relying on subjective feedback techniques. I really believe the study will be useful for evolving the practice of audio description in line with the audience, and I would appreciate any help in reaching out to potential participants. The technique is completely non-invasive and all data will be kept confidential. Ideally participants will not have any hearing impairments and should be either sighted non- audio description users or partially sighted/ blind regular audio description users. If anyone is interested in taking part contact me (Michelle) at moloughlin03@qub.ac.uk for further information. Thank you!
MichelleO